Today Hill Strategies released a report on Canadiansâ€™ arts, culture and heritage activities in 2010. The report found that Canadiansâ€™ participation in arts, culture and heritage activities reached record levels in 2010. The report also shows that, for many activities, there was a substantial recent increase in participation (i.e., between 2005 and 2010). Here are some key statistics:
- 47.8% of Canadians 15 or older visited a museum in 2010.
- 72.4% attended a performing arts event or a cultural festival in 2010.
- 73.8% visited a heritage venue in 2010.
- 97.5% read a newspaper, magazine or book in 2010.
- 87.2% watched a movie or a video in 2010.
- 86.7% listened to downloaded music or music on CDs in 2010.
Read the full report online.