For Immediate Release
October 26th, 2012
PechaKucha Night Coquitlam Vol 8 Presented by ArtsConnect and Evergreen Cultural Centre
Having fast become one of Coquitlamâ€™s signature event series, we are excited to announce a broad array of engaging presenters for our eighth PechaKucha Night Coquitlam. As Pecha Kucha Nights feature presenters from within the Tri-City community each showing 20 slides for 20 seconds each, presentations are concise and the pace exciting! You will be introduced to a variety of new ideas that inspire! The unique PKN concept has caught on worldwide as Coquitlam is one of 470 international cities hosting PechaKucha Nights.
PechaKucha Night Coquitlam Volume 8 is happening at Evergreen Cultural Centre Theatre on November 20, 2012. Doors open at 6:30 p.m., and presentations start at 7:30 p.m.
Attendees will enjoy two fabulous local Musical Acts. We have both the Coastal Sound Adult Choir joining us with over 40 singers on stage. As well, â€śIndelibleâ€ť, a hip hop bothers duo who regularly tour and perform across North America. PechaKuchaâ€™s famous beer break also returns as part of the eveningâ€™s programme. This edition of PKN is our most diverse to date, you wonâ€™t want to miss it!
The eveningâ€™s presenters are the highlights, their topics sure to entertain:
Â· Jane Appleby, artist, will be exploring the history and present day relevance of the Abstract Expressionist art movement as well as sharing some of her own art work.
* Jay Edmondson, Musician, Music Producer and Owner of Paranoyd Sound Studios in Port Moody, will be discussing his experience in the music industry including touring with his band, â€śIndelibleâ€ť and producing numerous recording artists.
* Robin Esrock, Travel Writer, renowned adventurer and OLN/CityTV host Robin Esrock takes us around the world in 20 photographs, sharing his most inspiring stories, destinations and characters from a journey to over 100 countries.
* Dr. Gil Desaulniers, Chiropractor, discusses the frightening new statistics of childrenâ€™s life expectancies being less than that of their parentâ€™s generation and provides important feedback on the necessary health changes that need to be addressed and take place within our society.
* Leslie Michael, Discusses the ideas in his historical book â€śThe Angel with a Broken Heartâ€ť based on the real life characters found in the bible, his attempt to find truth, introduce and invite new intelligent and meaningful dialogue on the subject.
* Gillian Mcmillan, Ceramicist, discusses her work and travel findings.
* Alan McMillan, Archeologist, illustrates archaeologistâ€™s work with Nuu-chah-nulth First Nations in Barkley Sound, western Vancouver Island, touching on such topics as whaling and the investigation of house structures.
* Ebby Mohseni, Actor and Producer, brings to life his humorous and flirtatious Iranian character â€śSha -Badji â€ś who newly living in Canada, behaves as though she is of royal descent.
Tickets for PechaKucha Night Coquitlam, $12 each are available at www.evergreenculturalcentre.ca
Visit PKN #8 for more information.
ArtsConnect, Tri-Cities Arts Council serves Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Anmore and Belcarra. The non-profit society believes the arts play a crucial role in creating a vibrant region, by promoting arts and culture as part of everyday life.
PechaKucha Night is devised and shared by Klein Dytham Architecture.
Media Contact: Mandara Lebovitz |
Click on link below to download this document
ArtsConnect - PKN#8
To visit the PechaKucha website click here